Skip to main content

To Be Decided

 

TO BE DECIDED


I believe some, if not all, of you have heard that attorney commercial on TV where the man speaking for the attorneys says, “I implore you, I beseech you, I urge you.” As I was waiting for it to finish for the hundredth time I was inspired, by God, to write something in relation to the meaning of those words in a context as they relate to us.


I love the United States of America but I not only feel this great Democracy slipping away, I think I am actually witnessing it daily in the words, actions, and consequences of what our leaders are doing in our name. Leaders we have voted to represent us. The problem with that is generally only a minority of eligible voters have participated in this voting process so representation is misleading. Other that don’t participate have long ago become complacent and apathetic neglecting one of the most important aspects of life in this Democratic Republic. The reasons/excuses I have heard are the erroneous comments that their votes won’t make a difference. That is not true. Many politicians are grateful for your indifference because they know they wouldn’t be in office except for voters indifference. Voting is a responsibility and to ignore it will eventually lead to a time when we will have to accept responsibility and be accountable for societal failures. By then it will be to late to have regrets and change course, except through extreme personal sacrifice and loss. Will we? The course corrections we make now will insure this countries longevity and our due diligence from that point on will prevent history from repeating itself. This country formed to be governed by it’s citizens, to elect representatives that have the best interests of the people and this country as their primary duty. Do they? Matthew 7:12.


I don’t like being so negative, but we have to realize that we have lost our moral compass and integrity has become a rare character trait. We are a divided nation. We listen to and witness lies, deception, threats, ignorance, broken promises, etc. and ignore them or make excuses to justify these activities. Why? Is this the will of the people? Is it out of fear or the hope that this is only temporary and will self-correct in the near future? Why do we tolerate people that put self-interest, wealth, greed, arrogance and power above what is most beneficial for this country and it’s people? The USA was a country that other people looked up to and wanted to emulate but I believe this country has actually adopted some of the traits of other countries we previously criticized for their corrupt governments. I believe many immigrants come here for the wrong reasons. Why is that? Matthew 12:25.


People that come into this country illegally should be returned to their home country and begin again to use the legal immigration process. That is only fair. If people are not naturalized citizens and have not sworn allegiance to this country they should not be allowed to vote. Voting is a powerful tool in the process of putting people in positions of power that will promote the voters agenda. Do we want people to vote that do not have the best interests of the USA at the heart of their agenda? No! And they wouldn’t want you to vote in their home country as non-citizens either.


This country was founded on Christian principles and precepts. We are still a predominantly Christian. I personally don’t have a problem with people worshiping as they chose but I do have a problem when they are allowed to promote their religious beliefs through teaching at our schools and when they are voted into office and assume positions of power and influence. Their is no equivalency between Christianity and any other belief system. To believe there is more than one true God (Creator of the Universe and everything in it) or path to heaven is in my mind a contradiction. Jesus Christ is the only living representative of any religion in existence today. This is truth and there can be only one truth. To say that truth is relative is another contradiction.


There has been an interest in Socialism recently and some people actually call themselves Social Democrats. This is a huge deception and another contradiction. True Democracy gives us the freedom and ability to vote and influence policy and change. We have rights that allow us to shape our lives in many ways by our words and actions. We have incentives that inspire our creativity and ability thru hard work to aspire to whatever our version of a better life is. We can own property and businesses. Socialism works in opposition to those things. Socialism causes the benefits of a free Democratic society to stagnate and fall into decay. What benefit is it to anyone to work or visualize progress or opportunity when Socialism's ultimate goal is for everyone to obtain equivalency whether they have attempted to earn it or not. The only difference between Socialism and Communism is with Socialism you have the ability to peacefully protest without retribution but with Communism to protest is to find the protesters in prison or dead. No free will, our votes are irrelevant, and private property and government owned and run business with Socialism and Communism. Why is this attractive?


Equity cannot exist without having first achieved equality. The USA has never achieved equality. The opportunity to participate and enjoy all the benefits of a free and Democratic society have to be available equally to all and people given the freedom to chose how they want to use them. We are all different and will respond in various ways but need the freedom to chose. We are all gifted and talented in many ways and when given the opportunity to develop them to the extent we wish we will find equity in the contentment and satisfaction that we did our best to achieve our goals. If we fail we have nothing and no one to blame but ourselves. Equality and equity have to be voluntary.


Whether we survive as a vibrant free Democratic society has yet to be decided, but I know for a fact that it depends on God and our committed relationship with Him. Let’s all make a genuine effort hoping and PRAYING for the best that God created us and this country to be. Matthew 22:37-40.


Love and Peace, Amen

Pastor Walter C. Scott

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reason for all Seasons

  Reason for all Seasons 2 Corinthians 2:5-8 We have all heard people comment about the real reason for the season, which of course should be a celebration of the birth of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I will not go over that because I believe it is everyone's free will choice to either acknowledge Him as that or not. We will all eventually have to make a decision regarding that sooner or later. I hope and pray that you make an affirmative decision to receive Him sooner. He is the answer you have all been searching for. What I would like to discuss now is how we interact with each other, not only during the holidays but throughout the year. Whether you believe God created the entire universe and everything and everyone in it, or not, the people on planet earth should, at least, make and effort to be civil to one another at all times. We need each other and very often depend on each other just to survive. 2 Corinthians 8:12-15. If you believe as I do that God created mank...

UTOPIA: Is it possible?

  UTOPIA: Is It Possible? The Lord will speak to anyone who will acknowledge Him, ask, and then listen. He spoke to me about Utopia and prompted me to write about it. As you read the scripture from the book of Matthew 6:9-13 it will be very familiar to most but I ask you to pay special attention to verse 10. Quote, “your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven,” end quote. There have been many attempts throughout the ages to bring a form of utopia (heaven) to earth, but it never has been successful. I believe because it has always been man’s interpretation and doomed to ultimate failure because of our imperfection. Perhaps when we really think about it we have to question whether it is even possible. But then again it is in the Bible and conceivably possible. Although it would have to follow God’s definition of utopia to succeed. What exactly is the true definition of utopia? Websters dictionary gives what I think is a relatively accurate definition, a...

Natural/Supernatural

  Natural/Supernatural Worlds 4/26 What a subject for discussion and one with possibly many differing perspectives. After several weeks of careful consideration, and I admit some procrastination, I have decided to write about it. The reason it took me so long to attempt to write and give my opinion is because I didn’t feel I had a valid enough understanding. However, God gave me a revelation one morning not long ago, which opened my eyes and gave me insight I didn’t have before. Then He suggested I write what he revealed to me and share it with those of us who need a greater depth of understanding or at least a different perspective to consider. I think we need to first understand the main differences between the natural and supernatural worlds. The natural world is the one we exist and function in day to day. All of nature and how God created it to function, including mankind. We see it and experience with our five senses and sometimes sixth sense every day. We see, hea...