Skip to main content

Natural/Supernatural

 

Natural/Supernatural

Worlds 4/26


What a subject for discussion and one with possibly many differing perspectives. After several weeks of careful consideration, and I admit some procrastination, I have decided to write about it. The reason it took me so long to attempt to write and give my opinion is because I didn’t feel I had a valid enough understanding. However, God gave me a revelation one morning not long ago, which opened my eyes and gave me insight I didn’t have before. Then He suggested I write what he revealed to me and share it with those of us who need a greater depth of understanding or at least a different perspective to consider.


I think we need to first understand the main differences between the natural and supernatural worlds. The natural world is the one we exist and function in day to day. All of nature and how God created it to function, including mankind. We see it and experience with our five senses and sometimes sixth sense every day. We see, hear, smell, taste and feel it continuously in our awake time. During our dream sleep we are often taken to places and through experiences we don’t often understand but they inspire us to think and oftentimes we receive revelation. Our sixth sense is one that is more highly developed in some of us than in others. I can only describe it as a feeling or knowing, perhaps intuition that reminds us or oftentimes warns us about an impending situation or gifts us with revelatory foreknowledge. This sixth sense could potentially be an encounter with the supernatural world.

The supernatural world is the one that exists outside of our ability to sense or experience it in the way we do in the natural world. It is a world experienced through encounters with God and His heavenly realm. This world is usually accessed through a persons strong belief in and relationship with God. Doors are opened and encounters can occur any time and any place. Our faith and trust is built upon our doubt free belief in God who is the creator of the universe and all things in it. A world where we can acquire revelatory knowledge, experience and wisdom along with a convincing understanding that this natural world is just a foreshadow of something much greater and ultimately our final destination. God likes to share his knowledge, understanding and wisdom with believers who are without doubt in knowing a supernatural realm exists, and have a strong desire to experience the benefits of it.


A word of warning. This supernatural world is also a place where our common enemy Satan has access to and through deception can attempt to influence us. We have to be very perceptive and discerning. Outside of relationship with God this can be a very dangerous place for anyone to be. Whereas God only wants the very best life for us when in relationship with Him Satan only wants to kill, steal, and destroy. He is the father of lies and deception. The seven deadly sins of greed, pride, envy, gluttony, lust, sloth and wrath are his life destroying tools, even offense. We all have the free will choice of either heaven or hell for our eternal home. When we pass from this world, and we all do, our spirit lives on and carries with it the essence of our soul. It will live on in the place our life on earth has prepared it for.

I always knew there was a supernatural world but previously I thought that it ran more or less parallel to the natural world and the two would touch occasionally and we would experience encounters in this way. These encounters would be based on the level of faith, trust and strong belief that an individual had. Also I believe a person needs to live in expectancy of what God will do, not expectation. To live in expectation is limiting ourselves to what we understand or have experienced in the natural world. Living in expectancy frees our minds and opens our hearts to whatever God wants to do in the supernatural realm as we encounter Him. I now understand that the supernatural world is all around us, intermingled in the natural world and encounters can be experienced frequently and at anytime whether we are actually trying to access it through prayer or some other means, or not. All that is required is for us to wholeheartedly believe without doubt that the supernatural exists and we have access to it. We experience this world with our entire being, not just our 5 or 6 senses. This is one of the ways that God communicates with His children and shares revelatory knowledge understanding and wisdom. These experiences completely erase any subtle doubt a person might unconsciously carry concerning any question about whether He really does exist. What greater evidence do we need?


Love and Peace, Amen

Pastor Walter C. Scott

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reason for all Seasons

  Reason for all Seasons 2 Corinthians 2:5-8 We have all heard people comment about the real reason for the season, which of course should be a celebration of the birth of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I will not go over that because I believe it is everyone's free will choice to either acknowledge Him as that or not. We will all eventually have to make a decision regarding that sooner or later. I hope and pray that you make an affirmative decision to receive Him sooner. He is the answer you have all been searching for. What I would like to discuss now is how we interact with each other, not only during the holidays but throughout the year. Whether you believe God created the entire universe and everything and everyone in it, or not, the people on planet earth should, at least, make and effort to be civil to one another at all times. We need each other and very often depend on each other just to survive. 2 Corinthians 8:12-15. If you believe as I do that God created mank...

UTOPIA: Is it possible?

  UTOPIA: Is It Possible? The Lord will speak to anyone who will acknowledge Him, ask, and then listen. He spoke to me about Utopia and prompted me to write about it. As you read the scripture from the book of Matthew 6:9-13 it will be very familiar to most but I ask you to pay special attention to verse 10. Quote, “your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven,” end quote. There have been many attempts throughout the ages to bring a form of utopia (heaven) to earth, but it never has been successful. I believe because it has always been man’s interpretation and doomed to ultimate failure because of our imperfection. Perhaps when we really think about it we have to question whether it is even possible. But then again it is in the Bible and conceivably possible. Although it would have to follow God’s definition of utopia to succeed. What exactly is the true definition of utopia? Websters dictionary gives what I think is a relatively accurate definition, a...